AITC-SK is a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, passionate people who come together to inspire youth to care about food and agriculture.
We are hiring a Communications Coordinator!
Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan (AITC-SK) is seeking a motivated, energetic, and creative individual to join our team to lead our marketing and communications activities. AITC-SK is a registered charity that connects kids and agriculture through innovative, curriculum-based programs and resources. As opportunities for AITC-SK increase, it is important that we are able position ourselves within the agriculture and education sectors as the key organization to educate youth about agriculture.
This position would be ideal for someone starting their career in communications or someone who wants a change of pace from the corporate world! AITC-SK has a culture of innovation, passion, creativity, collaboration and teamwork. We are a growing organization and seek team members who enjoy a fast-paced yet flexible working environment.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will undertake the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop the annual communications plan, schedule, and budget
- Coordinate the implementation of the communications plan ensuring that all initiatives are executed within defined timelines and budget
- Ensure all external communication, promotional materials, and AITC-SK materials represent the corporate image and meet quality standards
- Work with AITC-SK management to identify and implement marketing methods that promote outreach programs and educational resources to the defined target audience/users I.E. SK educational institutions and teachers
- Identify and coordinate methods to enhance visibility within the agricultural industry and build relationships with stakeholders and the public.
- Identify and implement opportunities to promote partnership with AITC-SK to potential funders and others with influence on AITC-SK future
- Manage the AITC-SK website and social media platforms
- Develop and distribute media releases and periodic electronic newsletters
- Work with graphic designer to design key marketing pieces including annual report, program summary, and brochure.
- Support the Executive Director in developing sponsorship package, sponsorship request presentations and meetings
- Aid in writing and reporting for funding grants
- Coordinate public relations events such as the Annual General Meeting and special media events at schools
Skills and Education:
- Degree, Diploma and/or related experience in business, marketing, communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience in communications
- Experience developing marketing & communications pieces.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Passionate about agriculture and the importance of educating youth about agriculture
- Agriculture background and understanding of the agriculture industry an asset
- Experience with media an asset
- Experience with Adobe In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop an asset
Full-time (potentially consider part-time for the right candidate)
Salary range: $43,000 - $48,000 plus benefit package
Please submit a resume and cover letter and two samples of marketing projects to:
Finance and Administration Manager
Agriculture in the Classroom Saskatchewan
Application Deadline: January 31, 2016