Agriculture affects us all. Every single day.
Since 1994, Agriculture in the Classroom Sask Inc. (AITC-SK) has played a pivotal role in educating youth about agriculture through hands-on activities, engaging programs and inquiry-based educational resources.
The AITC-SK team, led by Executive Director Sara Shymko, has grown to 10 members who are passionate about inspiring the next generation to care about food and the farmers who grow it.
AITC-SK is governed by a board of directors who are committed to supporting the organization's goals. Two members are appointed from the Ministries of Education and Agriculture and the remaining members are elected from the AITC-SK membership.
Vision: A Saskatchewan community that understands, appreciates, and respects agriculture.
Mission: To connect kids and agriculture through innovative, experiential, curriculum-based programs and resources.
AITC-SK is committed to:
- Partner with agriculture and education communities to develop and deliver high-quality educational resources and programs that facilitate experiential, engaging, inquiry-based and hands-on learning experiences for students.
- Provide Saskatchewan educators with access to accurate and balanced learning resources and programs that meet outcomes in the K-12 curricula.
- Foster the development of critical thinking skills that allow students to make more informed decisions related to food and agriculture.
- Promote an awareness and appreciation of the importance of agriculture; socially and economically.
- Contribute to building a society that is supportive of modern agricultural technologies and practices.
- Build respect and support for Saskatchewan food producers.
- Promote the agriculture and food industry as a viable career choice.
- Promote agriculture education at the provincial and national level.
AITC-SK is a registered charity: 88687 4692 RR0001